Kepler’s Top Ten - 2009
1. Starry Night Program - Fantastic Astronomy software. Both High School and Middle School editions have great tutorials and a large notebook of activities.www.Starrynight.com
2. Canadian Space Agency - (Free) Their applets are Fantastic!
3. 3-D Solar System Simulator - (Free)www.sciencefair-projects.org/solarsystem/solarsystem.html
4. Earth ball ($15) - 16” inflatable earth/Very realisticwww.earthball.com
5. Cosmic Voyage DVD - Fantastic Imax production, helps students grasp the size of the universe. Narrated by Morgan Freeman Check web for lowest price. ($8-$15)
6. NASA Chandra x-ray Center -http://chandra.harvard.edu/
Great teacher resources including the poster “Stellar Evolution”. Easiest link to poster is:
7. Star date - Over 10,000 radio shows since 1978 and still going strong. Download old shows and stay current on upcoming shows and astronomy events. McDonald Observatory, Texas.http://stardate.org
8. Ultraviolet beads - A fun way to demonstrate the existence of UV Radiation. One of several sources:www.teachersource.com 240 beads for $7/ 3000 beads for $60.
9. Doppler Shifting Song - (Free download) It’s Greaaaaaaaaaaat!www.astrocappella.com/doppler.shtml
10. Johannes Kepler Project - Classroom presentations by Johannes Kepler. Great list of resources.www.johanneskeplerproject.org